Sleep Apnea in Austin
What is Sleep Apnea?
Whether you’ve just been diagnosed with sleep apnea or possibly undiagnosed, but researching the possibilities of having it, we know you have a lot of questions. What is sleep apnea? How do I know if I have it? What do I do next? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Gregg and his team treat Sleep Apnea and have the information and products you need to start sleeping well again.
- Over 25 million Americans have sleep apnea
- 80 to 90% of adults with OSA remain undiagnosed
- Severe sleep disordered breathing is associated with a 3-fold increase in all-cause mortality risk
- Sever sleep disordered breathing is associated with a 5-fold increase in cardiovascular mortality risk.
- OSA triples the risk of risk of incident hypertension over a period of 4 years
- 70-83% of patients with drug-resistant hypertension have OSA
- 70% of patients with Type 2 diabetes have sleep apnea (ASAA)
- SDB is present in 77% of men and 64% of women with a history of stroke
- 76% of individuals with congestive heart failure
- 60% of patients with metabolic syndrome
- The rate of motor vehicle accidents is seven times higher in patients with sleep apnea than in the average population
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea?
- Sleep apnea takes toll on your body and your health, causing the following symptoms:
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Increased risk of cardiovascular problems (heart attack, hypertension, congestive heart failure)
- Increased risk of stroke
- Increased risk of motor vehicle accidents
- Weight gain from increased insulin resistance and glucose tolerance
- Decreased mentation
- Mood swings and irritability
- Morning headaches
- Decreased life expectancy if untreated